The most important day of your life is rapidly approaching. You have the best hall reserved, the perfect professional photographer, a wonderful wedding dress and sweet looking tuxedos picked out. Exactly what you forgetting? Oh…music for sure you need ENTERTAINMENT for the reception! NOT just any DJ. With all the preparation that goes into a wedding, you are sure to forget something, but GREAT entertainment should be one of the first services you secure when planning a reception. But how do you find brilliant entertainment for your special day? What should you ask? How much should you expect to spend? If you ask these questions, and adhere to these recommendations, you should have easy to find a great DJ for your occasion.
The best way to have a HORRIBLE reception is to call every DJ/MC in the phone book, inquire just their price, along with hire the DJ with the lowest price. This happens more than it should, plus a newlywed’s special day is damaged because they spent more on their particular cake than their amusement.! It has been said that your enjoyment is responsible for over 80% with the success of your entire wedding ceremony. A bride once stated: Often the ceremonies themselves are usually unadventurous, so they have a tendency to blend collectively in the memory. What people GENUINELY remember is the reception, and a good reception guarantees people will look back on the situation and say “THAT was been a fun wedding.” There are a number of ways to find quality entertainment. The primary, and probably the best way, is always to hire someone you have seen on another reception where you ended up a guest. If the DISC JOCKEY did a great job, ask for all their business card and get them. The second is to ask friends or family members that have had excellent entertainment for their event. The next way is to call numerous Entertainment companies, or DISC JOCKEY companies, and find out which best suits your specific needs! You would like to find the right person, not the correct price. Remember, there is a reason QUALITY DJ’s charge greater than AMATEUR DJ’s. Again, using these questions to ask, you should have zero problems finding the best DISC JOCKEY for your reception.
· Are you available? This seems like this kind of obvious question, however , many brides only know 1 question to ask: “How much? ” Find out if the DJ/MC even has your particular date available. If they are not available, then the quality DJ/MC should highly recommend another DJ/MC to contact. Once they don’t, then they may not be “real professionals”. A “true professional” will help you find another DJ/MC, even if they are already reserved.
· What type of events would you specialize in? Find out if wedding receptions are the focus of the DJ/MC who will be performing at the event. Your DJ/MC really should have performed at previous receptions and know the sequence connected with events. Some multi-system businesses may be cheaper, but may well not guarantee your DJ/MC on paper. You may plan everything with all the owner, and then finally fulfill YOUR DJ on the day within your event (bait and switch). If this DJ works primarily in a club, or will mostly other events (bowling alleys, birthdays, etc . ), then they may not be the best choice to suit your needs.
· How will you coordinate my event, and how will you ensure it is FUN? The better Wedding DJs will coordinate your wedding party from beginning to end, in place of “just playing music”. They might give you suggestions on how your own reception can be perfect as well as unique, as well as incorporate your ideas. Experienced DJ’s/MC’s can even take the place of a wedding coordinator, since they are encountered in planning receptions as being an ENTERTAINMENT function. Your DISC JOCKEY should have the desired energy level to make your party everything you have already imagined it to be.
· Will you meet with us all to plan our reception? ALWAYS meet with your potential DJ/MC before signing any contract! This is VERY IMPORTANT! A DJ who not offer to meet along does not care about the achievements of your event, they are most likely more concerned with getting your income! Make sure the DJ anyone meet is the one who will probably be performing at your event. Some companies don’t know that will be doing what functions until the day they arise. Your wedding day is NOT the day to satisfy your DJ for the first time! If you occur to decide on a entertaiment company having multiple DJ’s, have them that name of your DJ/MC on the signed agreement. Not all DJ’s are the same, so you should find a DISC JOCKEY you can trust, and one with which you have a good personality match. If a company doesn’t guarantee your DJ in writing, can be your wedding reception a priority to them or are you just a dollar figure?
· What do you wear around my reception? A professional DJ/MC will probably dress appropriately for your wedding reception, and that means wearing any TUXEDO. A DJ/MC who does not wear appropriate clothing does not care about making a excellent impression about their appearance. Remember, the DJ is which represents YOU at the reception!
· Can I call any personal references? A professional DJ will supply a person with recent references to make contact with. This will usually be the proper way of giving you the self confidence that this DJ will do a brilliant job. Also, if a venue or other wedding professional recommends a specific DJ, find what they did that made these stand apart.
· Eventually, how much do you charge to get my event? Some DJ’s have a flat rate with regard to their service, while others have plans with lighting, extra microphones, and other extras. The most important thing a DJ will offer is usually SERVICE. A full light display and 18” bass audio system are great, however , they WIL make your party a success on their own! You need a GREAT DJ behind the equipment to make your event a success! To have an OUTSTANDING party, plan on budgeting at least $600 – $1, 500 for a PROFESSIONAL DJ. A DJ with a low price probably carries a low price because they do not present as much SERVICE as one having a higher price. If you handle the lowest bidder, it is nicely to add something for the threat you run, and if you choose to do that you will have enough to pay for a thing better.
MORE TIPS ON FINDING A QUALITY DJ
· Do not ask a DJ in order to “see them at an additional reception”. Wedding receptions tend to be private events, and should be kept that way. Would you like a person you don’t know arriving at your reception? At yet another event, your DJ might do something you dislike. Still it may be exactly what that new bride & groom requested for reception. Peeking in in another party does not give you the full spectrum of what your DJ offers. Besides, the only way to truly see how the DJ will handle all facets of the entire event would be to keep for the duration.
· Listen to what your DJ says while having meeting. An experienced DJ will listen to your desires, offer suggestions, and help you plan your whole reception they way you have already envisioned it. They might know what sequence of activities occur and how to work with your own personal other vendors insuring a GREAT party. Your wedding day should be the way YOU desire it, and your DISC JOCKEY will facilitate your party as you desire. · An expert DJ will use LEGAL songs. Downloading music from the popular Peer-to-Peer networks (KaZaa, WinMX, etc) is ILLEGAL, and DJ’s have been sued by simply record companies in the past intended for doing this! Also, some global companies, with several DJ’s and also units, have been known to work with one main source of new music, and make ILLEGAL copies with regard to their other units. This is one of the ways they keep their price very low, by not operating by law. Ask your prospective DISC JOCKEY where they get their tunes.
· A professional DJ will not “bad mouth” another DISC JOCKEY service by specific label. Doing so shows that they shortage integrity and professionalism. Talking “down” about a specific firm also shows the DISC JOCKEY service lacks character in addition to class, and you may want to consider using another service.
· An expert DJ will recommend various other quality DJs if they are already booked. If you like what you notice on a web-site or live, but wait too late for you to book, a professional DJ can recommend others. DJs multilevel just like other professionals in their respective fields and usually will probably recommend others when already booked.…